Monday, June 30, 2008

Week 5 Thing 10 -11 Web 2.O Awards list, Ning, Travel IQ

I played with several of these award winning web apps. I especially like the google maps for exploring and finding how to get places.
I also used http://del.icio.us/ for bookmarking sites it is a really neat tool and I see how it could be a useful way of saving your bookmarks. I liked how others could share with you and easily search for subjects. I like how the tags work for organizing and searching. I think that this will be a useful tool. I think this tool could be used by students and teachers to organize their websites and create groups of websites with the tags. Utilize what others have found and add more of their own.
I have been involved in several NING activities and find them very useful. I have also seen teachers use them effectively with a class. Getting students involved in writing and commenting on specified topics. It was amazing how quickly and easily they got very involved in the writing activities. There were however a few trouble areas with email and things like that.
Now Travel IQ is a fun and interesting activity I thought they were just great. Found out how much I didn't know but still scored a few points. Quick response and continual keeps you thinking.

2 comments:

Ann said...

google maps and google earth are a kick and I find another one of those time holes that just find me 2 hours later going back to what I was supposed to be doing :-)

I have become a convert to Del.icio.us and if you are running OS 10.5 you can add a side bar that allows you to search your del.icio.us network without actually leaving the page you are on.

Ann

Jill said...

Yes that works great being able to just add it to your tags. I am really liking it