Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Week 6 thing 14

Using Technorati was an interesting experience. So many blogs and so much information out there. I found it overwhelming and somewhat frustrating at times. When searching for something what I thought I would find was very different than what I actually found. The tagging was interesting it seems dependent on others and how they tag their post to how it comes up in the search. It does have some interesting points and was another way to sort information finding things in different ways. Using similar search patterns or tags. I am not sure I will be spending a whole lot of time here. I really didn't find it very user friendly and ran into search problems where it wouldn't complete the search having tech problem or something like that. But it is another tool to explore out there. http://www.technorati.com/

1 comment:

Soccer Mom (Kristen A) said...

I agree there is a ton of blogs and information out there. I am was unfamiliar with blogs until I took this class. I heard about them but have never blogged before. When I saw all these blogs I was surprised. I agree looking under tabs you have to almost know what the author is thinking about. I was unsuccessful in some of my searches also.