Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Week 9 Thing 22 ebooks and audio ebooks

It was very interesting taking a closer look at those ebooks and audio ebooks. I have become a fan of ebooks in the past year for reference books providing access to multiple students at one time. This is one way to get the teachers to come to the library with their classes so everyone can access the resources at once. I have found this effective for several subjects especially social studies.
I was surprised at the number of sites offering free books so I took a closer look at several of these sites to see why they were offering the books for free. Some were authors and some just wanted to make these books available for all. I have read some poetry online and listened to books on tape but when reading I want to touch the book and put it down and pick it up again and read ahead or behind. I am old fashion when it comes to reading a book.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I have to admit that I don't like reading on the computer because my old eyes just get too tired. I bought a kindle though - and while they haven't started with text books yet, it will have to be soon. I love the screen and the like a page interface.

Ann